Adetunji A. Adeniran (born 12 December 1989) is a Nigerian Engineer, Social Entrepreneur, Writer and Youth Innovations Champion. He is a Columnist with TheScoopNG, an online Newspaper, the Medium and his articles have appeared on various national and international platforms including The Guardian Newspaper, the World Bank and UNESCO.
Adetunji had his primary education at African Church Primary School, Kuta (the only government primary school at the time) and proceeded to Government College, Ibadan (GCI) for Secondary School Education. He later left GCI for the State School of Science for Senior School Education. He was the Labour Prefect, a member of G7, JETS and President of the Press Club.
He obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from Obafemi Awolowo University and a Master of Business Administration (Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management) from the same institution. He also has certificate in Sustainable Mobility for Automotive Sector from IFP School in France.
Adetunji began his career as an engineering intern specializing in civil structures. He later worked with Engineering and Projects department of Total Nigeria Limited and was involved in various civil works on Obagi oil field in Rivers State. He has spent the last four years with a multinational FMCG company leading consumer knowledge and business development projects.
He currently manages a multi-dimensional portfolio with interest in leveraging emerging technologies to influence businesses and governance in Nigeria. Current portfolio includes Hopefield Network, YNAG and under35.ng.
He has been a regular guest at national and international conferences.
- In 2011, he was among top 5 Nigerian students sponsored to Total Summer Conference in Paris. The week-long event is an oil and gas forum where students and young leaders are exposed to production and exploration of Oil and Gas.
- In 2012, He was an invited guest of the Federal Youth Ministry of the Russian Federation to attend International Youth Forum in Seliger, a boot camp for young emerging leaders.
- In 2013, He was also the only student sponsored by Lufthansa Airline to the week-long World Business Dialogue in Cologne; the annual conference that brings together today’s leaders with future leaders.
- In 2014, he served as faculty lead for United Nations Alliance of Civilizations project in Nigeria (Tolerance Academy) where more than 200 participants, majorly young people gathered to brainstorm and design initiatives for peaceful coexistence in Nigeria.
SOCIAL AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Adetunji has been an advocate of community building from childhood. He has volunteering experience with both government and non-governmental organizations.
In 2010, He was elected Vice President of Association of Civil Engineering Students and he was later appointed Ag. President because of outstanding performance. In the same year, he was appointed Special Adviser on media to the Faculty of Technology President.
As a youth corps member, He worked with JumpStart Africa, a non-governmental organization with interest in education and empowerment of children. He facilitated scholarships and seminars for 30 pupils of St. Michael Secondary School of Ido Local Government, Oyo State.
In 2014, He worked with Federal Road Safety Corpse of Nigeria as member and later President of Road Safety Club in Ido Local Government, Oyo State. His team strengthened the relationships between FRSC and secondary schools in the local government. He was conferred with the Most Outstanding Contributions Award at the expiration of his tenure.
In 2016, He started the idea of annual children’s day celebration in public schools. In 2 years, more than 3400 pupils have been reached and 5 pupils have received lifelong scholarships.
He is a consultant on business startup, business development, social innovations and governance advocacy. He runs a business blog for entrepreneurs, business travelers and innovators.
He is a recipient of several awards
- 2011 Total Summer School Grant Award, Total SA
- 2011 Student with the best Leadership Skills Award, Department of Civil Engineering, Obafemi Awolowo University.
- 2013 Best Graduating Student in Environmental Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, Obafemi Awolow University.
- 2013 Lufthansa Airline Brand Ambassador to World Business Dialogue
- 2014 Most Outstanding Contributions Award, Road Safety Club, Nigeria
- 2015-2016 Extraordinary Key Account Manager Award, Procter and Gamble Nigeria
- 2016 Lead with Courage Award, Procter and Gamble Nigeria
He is the author of the upcoming book ‘The Role of Young People in Community Development, an Inspiring story of Hopefield Network’.